Voltaren Osteo Gel is for the temporary relief of local pain and
inflammation associated with mild forms of osteoarthritis of the
knees and fingers. It comes equipped with an easy to open cap.
DIRECTIONS: Rub gently into the affected area 3 or 4 times
daily. Do not use for more than 3 weeks for osteoarthritis except
on medical advice. See pack leaflet for full information and
PRECAUTIONS: Do not use:
- If under 12 years of age.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an allergy to diclofenac or any of the other
- If allergic to aspirin, any other NSAID medicine or any other
medicines for pain relief.
- On large areas of skin or for long periods of time.
- On open wounds or injuries or on skin that has a rash,
infection, or eczema.
- Do not use inside the mouth or in the vagina.
- Do not swallow or use in or near the eyes. In case of
accidental contact with the eyes, rinse eyes thoroughly with
running water and see your doctor.
- Do not use under airtight or plastic bandages.
Please consult your Pharmacist if you have or have had any of
the following medical conditions or are taking any of the following
- Ulcers in the Stomach or Bowel.
- Bleeding from the Stomach or Bowel.
- Any other serious Stomach or Bowel problem.
- Severe Kidney disease.
- Warfarin (a medicine used to prevent blood clots).
- Aspirin, salicylates.
- Any other NSAID medicines.
- Any other medicines.
INGREDIENTS: Diclofenac diethylammonium gel 11.6mg/g equivalent to
diclofenac sodium 10m/g (1% w/w). The active ingredient in Voltaren
Osteo Gel is diclofenac, which belongs to a family of medicines
called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It also
contains the following inactive ingredients: diethylamine, carbomer
934P, cetomacrogol 1000, cococaprylate/caprate, isopropyl alcohol,
liquid paraffin, perfume, propylene glycol, water.