|Naprogesic||naproxen sodium||Brand||New Zealand||275mg||24 Tablets||OTC||$18.16||Add|
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects see your health professional. Brands and generics both contain the same active ingredient(s) and are medically equivalent. Some brands are marketed under different names by the same manufacturing country depending on the country of origin.
Naprogesic is a non steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) which is specially designed to treat the cause of period pain. It does this by inhibiting prostaglandin production.
Naprogesic works best when taken the day before your period is due as this allows it to stop the production of prostaglandins before they can cause pain. Naprogesic should be taken with food.
A typical cycle lasts for 28 days, if your periods are irregular (longer or shorter than 28 days); take Naprogesic at the first sign of period pain or bleeding (whichever occurs first).
Naprogesic is suitable for women following puberty.
Adults: Initially take 2 tablets with food followed by 1 tablet every 6 – 8 hours if required. DO NOT exceed 5 tablets per day.
Most women can take Naprogesic without a problem. However as with all medications, there are a small number of people who are sensitive to the active ingredient. If you experience side effects that concern you, stop taking Naprogesic and see your health care professional. Do not take Naprogesic if you have asthma, liver, heart or kidney problems. You should discuss these with your Doctor, before considering an NSAID.
Naproxen Sodium 275 mg
Do not take Naprogesic if you:
"THAT time of the month" - a dreaded phrase for women. This often means five or so days of mood swings, listlessness, discomfort and worst of all - period pain. For some women, in fact 10% of all women, menstrual pain could be severe enough to be temporarily debilitating. And no one can just take this pain sitting down! For women who are adamant about coming out of "THAT time of the month" triumphant, there are medications in the market especially devised to alleviate period pain. Naprogesic is one of them.
Naprogesic offers a full 8-hour relief from period pain. Each tablet contains 275 mg Naproxen sodium, which inhibits the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are molecules that are synthesized in virtually all the human organs and tissues. In the 1930s, the Swedish physiologist Ulf von Euler isolated these substances from seminal fluid, and for a while it was believed that they were produced by the prostate - hence they were named "prostaglandins." Later, it was discovered that they actually exist all over the human body, and that they perform different functions.
Technically prostaglandins are hormones, though they are rarely classified as such. These substances are responsible for the muscular spasms and uterine contractions that are associated with menstrual bleeding. Some women produce more prostaglandin than others, which usually means that they suffer more menstrual pains than other women do. Some factors affect a woman's likelihood to suffer from this condition - if a woman smokes or drinks heavily, for example, or if she is obese or has never been pregnant, she stands a greater chance of being afflicted by menstrual cramping.
In 1971, medical scientists found that aspirin-like medications can inhibit prostaglandins. Naproxen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or NSAID, very much like aspirin. Hence it was found that Naproxen and naproxen sodium can be used to reduce mild to moderate pain, fever, and stiffness, including the cramping brought on by primary dysmenorrhea. These substances also alleviate the pain that comes with conditions such as tendonitis, gout, bursitis, fractures incurred through injury, and some kinds of arthritis.
Naprogesic is specially formulated for the relief of period pains. Period pains vary from woman to woman, but they are certainly not limited to abdominal pains. Other forms of period pains include backache, headache and general muscle ache. This medicine is generally safe for use by all women past puberty, but there are some things that you will need to know before taking this drug.
1. If you have liver or kidney problems, do not take this drug before consulting with your doctor.
2. If you have a stomach ulcer or if you experience bleeding from your gastrointestinal tract, do not take this drug. Your body is also especially vulnerable to medications if you have just undergone stomach surgery, so it may be best to seek pain relief medication that does not aggravate the stomach.
3. If you are already taking any other anti-inflammatory, anti-coagulatory (medicine that prevents blood clotting) or asthma medications, refrain from taking Naprogesic without your doctor's approval.
4. If you are taking medications with litihum components, the Naproxen content of this drug may reduce their effectiveness.
5. Naproxen medicines should not be taken with other salicylate NSAIDs, such as aspirin, phenol (carbolic acid), and bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto Bismol); they may conflict and diminish each other's potency.
6. Refrain from taking Naprogesic if you are allergic to aspirin. See your healthcare professional as soon as possible if you should experience allergic reactions after taking this drug.
7. Do not take this drug if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure.
8. This tablet must be taken with food. If 1 tablet is not enough, you may take 2 tablets with a full meal. The total amount of medicine taken within 24 hours must not exceed 5 tablets (around 440 mg).
9. The instructions for taking this drug must be strictly followed. Heavy and prolonged use without medical supervision may have severe side effects. Do not take this medicine for more than 10 days.
10. Pregnant and nursing mothers are not encouraged to take this medicine. It has not yet been determined if it may be safely ingested by children under the age of 5, but it is safe for use by most adolescent women at the onset of puberty.
One's monthly period may be inescapable, but the pain that comes with it is something one can definitely do without. Naprogesic makes it possible for women to get through EVERY time of the month virtually pain-free!
These are the only pills that work for me. I can't imagine life without them now. Before discovering these pills I would spend 3 days in bed. Now I can carry on as normal.
in my second day, it reduced my period to just spotting within a few hours and stopped completely the next day. i dunno whether thats normal or not.. :/
the best! it works