- Changes in body and facial hair
- Higher pitched voice
- Loss of bone and lean muscle mass
- Increased risk of osteoporosis
- Lethargy, low energy or excess sleeping
- Decrease in height
- Diminished sex drive
- Difficulty or inability to achieve a firm erection
- Reduced fertility
- Decreased endurance and strength
- Mood swings, apathy or depression
When the above symptoms are the result of low testosterone levels,
they can be reversed with testosterone replacement therapy. Most
men notice improvements within the first week of using Tostran,
though it will probably take several months before the full effects
Priming and Metering Tostran:
Tostran comes in a canister with a pump, similar to many soap or
lotion bottles. It must be primed before first use. With the
canister in an upright position, use the pump 8 times. Discard any
gel that comes out. The canister is now ready for use; it does not
need to be primed again.
Each depression of the pump produces exactly 10 mg of testosterone,
which is considered one metered dose. 2 pumps produces 20 mg; 5
pumps produces 50 mg. The average dose prescribed is 60 mg (6
metered doses) each day, though physician instructions may
Never exceed 80 mg (8 metered doses) in one day.
It's important to use Tostran properly for maximum effect and to
avoid adverse reactions:
- Collect the correct dosage amount of gel and rub into clean,
dry skin on the abdomen or split evenly on the inside of both
thighs. Alternating between thighs and abdomen each day will
prevent skin irritation.
- Do not apply to other parts of the body, particularly
the genitals. Painful skin irritation may result.
- Do not smoke while applying Tostran; this product is
- Avoid bathing or swimming for several hours after application
to allow time for the medication to be absorbed.
- Wash hands and any surface with gel on it thoroughly after
application to prevent accidental transfer to others.
- Store the container where pets and children can't get to it,
and dispose of empty containers carefully.
- Wash medicated areas thoroughly before coming into skin contact
with other people.
Duration of treatment with Tostran will vary. Some men may start
producing sufficient testosterone naturally and can safely stop
use, while others may need to use it indefinitely.
Preventing Transfer of Tostran:
Touching any surface which contains residual Tostran,
including skin, can be severely detrimental to women and children
and may lead to early puberty, reproductive system damage, facial
hair, and a number of other adverse effects.
If contact does occur, wash the area immediately with soap and
Warnings and Contraindications:
This medication may interact with other drugs, particularly
anticoagulants and corticosteroids.
Men who have or have a family history of breast or prostate cancer
should speak with a doctor about risks before using Tostran.
Adverse reactions when using Tostran properly are rare and usually
mild. Speak with a physician or read the insert included with the
medication for more detailed information.