Subscribe & Save Big
Sign up for automatic refills, and save big. Here's how much:
* Individual orders over $100 USD receive free standard shipping. All ranges above in USD.
|$500+ a month||20% savings*|
|$250-$499 a month||15% savings*|
|$100-$249 a month||10% savings*|
|$1-$99 a month||5% savings|
This product requires a prescription. Our online Dr can review your medical history and issue a prescription renewal (at no extra cost) if necessary. This product will not ship from New Zealand, but from a licensed affiliate international pharmacy (typically the UK).
is an eyedrop solution usually used to relieve pressure in the eyes
by increasing the outflow of fluid in the eyeball. The medication
relieves symptoms of glaucoma and ocular hypertension and, given
early enough, may prevent glaucoma from developing.
The active ingredient in Lumigan, bimatoprost, is also used to
promote growth of eyelashes, resulting in longer, thicker and
darker lashes. Though usually marketed under a different name for
eyelash growth, the solutions are identical and differ only in
There is also some evidence that bimatoprost promotes hair growth
on the scalp and reduces fatty tissue around the eyes, but these
uses are still in experimental stages.
Using Lumigan Effectively
This medication may damage contact lenses so lenses should be
removed prior to application, even if applied to eyelashes in case
some gets in the eye. Lenses can be safely replaced 15 minutes
Lumigan comes in two strengths; a 0.01% solution and 0.03%
solution, with 0.03% being the more common. For both relieving
intraocular pressure and promoting eyelash growth, application is
done once a day, usually in the evening when there will be no need
to wash or apply makeup.
To relieve intraocular pressure:
promote eyelash growth:
- Wash and dry hands and face.
- Prepare eyedropper; do not allow tip to contact any other
surface, including skin, to prevent infection.
- Tip head back or lie down.
- Administer one drop to affected eye.
- Gently hold eye closed with a finger for at least one
- Repeat in other eye if needed.
- Do not apply in larger doses or more frequently than
prescribed; doing so has proven to be counter-productive and
may increase eye pressure.
on the individual situation, both eye pressure and eyelash growth
will generally revert to previous states once treatment with
Lumigan stops. For this reason treatment may be long-term, lasting
months or even years.
Possible Adverse Effects
Lumigan is a remarkably safe medication with virtually no medically
harmful side effects reported as a direct result of use. There is,
however, a risk of cosmetic side effects:
- Wash and dry hands and face.
- Using a sterile, disposable applicator, spread one drop evenly
along the base of eyelashes on the upper eyelid.
- Apply an additional drop on the other upper eyelid.
- Do not apply to bottom eyelids.
- Dispose of applicator, blot up any excess medication off face,
and wash hands.
- Wait at least 15 minutes before applying makeup.
side effects are generally very mild, such as redness around the
eye and slight discomfort during application. Any signs of
infection or persistent irritation should be brought to the
attention of a physician.
- Use of Lumigan in eyes may result in gradual darkening of eye
pigmentation, or an increase in brown pigments. This change is
permanent and irreversible.
- If the medication is only being applied to one eye and
pigmentation changes do occur, it will happen only in the medicated
- Lumigan may also darken eyelashes and skin around application
site; these changes are reversible when treatment ceases.
No current Rx required
|Brand Pack Sizes
No one has reviewed LUMIGAN yet, why not be the first!
more reviews available on:
Medicines have benefits and some have risks. Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist or you have side effects see your health professional.
* 10% one-time discount applies to orders over $100