- Loss of body or facial hair
- Voice changes
- Loss of bone mass
- Decrease in height
- Decreased sex drive
- Difficulty achieving a firm erection
- Rapid decrease in strength or endurance
- Fatigue, low energy or excess sleeping
- Persistent apathy or depression
The reduction of masculine characteristics is often devastating
emotionally. Using Testim, testosterone levels are restored to
optimal levels and symptoms begin to reverse.
Testosterone Replacement with Testim:
Testim comes in single-use tubes or packets filled with gel. Each
tube or packet represents one dose and should be used in entirety
unless instructed otherwise by a physician:
- Gently rub the gel onto clean, dry skin on the shoulders and
upper arms. Wait for it to dry completely before covering the area
- This product is flammable. Avoid smoking and open flames until
the gel is completely dried.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after applying
- Dispose of used containers carefully where children and pets
are unable to reach them -- even minimal exposure can have severe
- Do not shower or swim for at least 2 to 5 hours after
application, to allow the medication sufficient time to absorb into
- Keep shoulders and upper arms covered with clothing after
application to prevent the medication from getting on furniture,
bedding, or other people.
- Wash the application area with soap and water to remove Testim.
Do not allow the medicated area to come into contact with the skin
of others before washing.
Testim is applied once a day, usually in the morning. A missed dose
should be skipped entirely; do not use a double dose.
Before Using Testim:
Women and children should completely avoid contact with Testim,
including skin contact with the area it has been applied to. The
trace amounts which may be absorbed through contact can cause
serious reactions, including early puberty in children and facial
hair in women. Contact with testosterone gels is known to be
harmful to unborn babies.
Apply Testim only to the shoulders and upper arms. Some
testosterone gels allow application to the chest or abdomen as
well; do not do so with Testim. Do not apply to the penis or
Avoid contact with mucus membranes.
Used properly, most side effects from Testim are mild and not cause
for concern. However, if side effects are severe or do not go away
over time, speak with a physician before continuing use:
- Acne or dry skin
- Hair loss
- Male breast tenderness
- Mood changes
Men with a personal or family history of certain health conditions
are at greater risk of experiencing dangerous side effects:
- Sleep apnea
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Liver, kidney, lung or heart disease
There are a number of prescription and non-prescription
medications, supplements and vitamins which may interfere with
Testim's effectiveness or cause adverse effects. Discuss risks of
mixing medications with a doctor or pharmacist prior to use.
Active Ingredient: testosterone
Inactive ingredients: carbopol, tromethamine, propylene glycol,
ethanol, pentadecalactone, acrylates, glycerin, polyethylene
glycol, purified water